« ՆախորդըՇարունակել »
(6) In section 44305(a)(1), strike "sections 1 and 2 of the Government Losses in Shipment Act (40 U.S.C. 721, 722)" and substitute "sections 17302 and 17303 of title 40".
(7) In section 47107(a)(17), strike "title IX of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 (40 U.S.C. 541 et seq.)" and substitute "chapter 11 of title 40".
(8) In section 47112(b), strike "the Act of March 3, 1931 (known as the Davis-Bacon Act) (40 U.S.C. 276a-276a-5)" and substitute "sections 3141-3144, 3146, and 3147 of title 40".
(9) In section 49111(d)(1), strike "section 5 of the Act of June 6, 1924 (40 U.S.C. 71d)," and substitute "section 8722 of title 40".
(0) VETERANS' BENEFITS PROGRAMS IMPROVEMENT ACT OF 1991.Section 403(e) of the Veterans' Benefits Programs Improvement Act of 1991 (Pub. L. 102-86, 105 Stat. 424) is amended by striking "section 303b of title 40, sections 483 and 484 of title 40" and substituting "subchapter II of chapter 5 of title 40, sections 541555 and 1302 of title 40”.
SEC. 4. REPEAL OF TITLE V OF THE FEDERAL PROPERTY AND
Title V of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 (ch. 288), as added by section 6(d) of the Act of September 5, 1950 (ch. 849, 64 Stat. 583), is repealed.
SEC. 5. LEGISLATIVE PURPOSE AND CONSTRUCTION.
(a) PURPOSE.-The purpose of this Act is to revise, codify, and enact without substantive change the general and permanent laws of the United States related to public buildings, property, and works, in order to remove ambiguities, contradictions, and other imperfections and to repeal obsolete, superfluous, and superseded provisions.
(b) NO SUBSTANTIVE CHANGE.—
(1) IN GENERAL.-This Act makes no substantive change in existing law and may not be construed as making a substantive change in existing law.
(2) DEEMED DATE OF ENACTMENT FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES.— For purposes of determining whether one provision of law supersedes another based on enactment later in time, and otherwise to ensure that this Act makes no substantive change in existing law, the date of enactment of a provision restated in section 1 or 2 of this Act is deemed to remain unchanged, continuing to be the date of enactment of the underlying provision of public law that is being restated.
(3) INCONSISTENT LAWS ENACTED AFTER MARCH 31, 2002.This Act restates certain laws enacted before April 1, 2002. Any law enacted after March 31, 2002, that is inconsistent with this Act, including any law purporting to amend or repeal a provision that is repealed by this Act, supersedes this Act to the extent of the inconsistency.
(c) REFERENCES.-A reference to a law replaced by section 1 or 2 of this Act, including a reference in a regulation, order, or other law, is deemed to refer to the corresponding provision enacted by this Act.
(d) CONTINUING EFFECT.-An order, rule, or regulation in effect under a law replaced by section 1 or 2 of this Act continues in
40 USC note prec. 101.
40 USC note prec. 101.
effect under the corresponding provision enacted by this Act until repealed, amended, or superseded.
(e) ACTIONS AND OFFENSES UNDER PRIOR LAW.-An action taken or an offense committed under a law replaced by section 1 or 2 of this Act is deemed to have been taken or committed under the corresponding provision enacted by this Act.
(f) INFERENCES.-An inference of a legislative construction is not to be drawn by reason of the location in the United States Code of a provision enacted by this Act or by reason of a caption or catch line of the provision.
(g) SEVERABILITY.-If a provision enacted by this Act is held invalid, all valid provisions that are severable from the invalid provision remain in effect. If a provision enacted by this Act is held invalid in any of its applications, the provision remains valid for all valid applications that are severable from any of the invalid applications.
SEC. 6. REPEALS.
(a) INFERENCES OF REPEAL.-The repeal of a law by this Act may not be construed as a legislative inference that the provision was or was not in effect before its repeal.
(b) REPEALER SCHEDULE.-The laws specified in the following schedule are repealed, except for rights and duties that matured, penalties that were incurred, and proceedings that were begun before the date of enactment of this Act:
1 (2d sentence in 8th par. on p.
(last proviso in 2d par. and 3d par.
42 369, 387,
25, 284, 312, 313
42 1090, 1108,
25, 284, 312, 313