« ՆախորդըՇարունակել »
FOR PRIVATE USE.
“ God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness,
hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”
2 Cor. iv. 6.
1. Christ, whose glory fills the skies !
Christ, the true, the only light;
Triumph o'er the shades of night!
Unaccompanied by Thee;
Till thy mercy's beams I see ;
eyes, and warm my heart.
Pierce the gloom of sin and grief,
Scatter all mine unbelief:
“ There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.”
Heb. iv. 9.
1. ETERNAL God, vouchsafe to hear,
And magnify thy grace divine,
That would his heart to Thee resign:
2. With holy fear, and reverend love,
I long to lie beneath thy throne ;
And stay myself on Thee alone.
3. Thou say'st Thou wilt thy servants keep
In perfect peace, whose minds shall be Like new born babes, or helpless sheep,
Completely stay'd, O Lord, on Thee : How calm their state, how truly blest, Who trust on Thee, the promis'd rest.
4. Take me, my Saviour, as thine own,
And vindicate thy righteous cause,
And bend me to obey thy laws;
5. Bid the tempestuous rage of sin,
With all its wrathful fury die ;
And turn my sorrows into joy ;
“Thou also hast wrought all our works in us."
ISA. xxvi. 12.
1. Father, to Thee my soul I lift,
On Thee my hope depends,
From Thee alone descends.
2. Mercy and grace are thine alone,
And power and wisdom too ;
We nothing good can do.
3. We cannot speak one gracious word,
One holy thought conceive,
Thyself the blessing give.
4. From Thee, through Jesus, we receive
The power on Thee to call;
Thou art our all in all. (Lydia.).