« ՆախորդըՇարունակել »
this, and divide it among Cor.
-HEN ye come toge
ther therefore into you,
I will not drink of the one place, this is not to Eat the Fruit of the Vine, until the Lord's Supper. KINGDOM of God shall eth before other, his own Supper :
21. For in earing every one tak. сом Е.
and one is hungry, and another is [M.] And as they were
drunken. eating, Jesus took BREAD cat and to drink in? Or despise ye
27. What, have ye not Houses to (L.) and gave Thanks, [M.] the Church of God, and thame and BLESSED it, and BRAKE them that have not? Whar Dall i it, and gave it to the Difci- fay so you, fhall I praile you in
? praise you not. ples, and said, Take Eat, 23. For I have received of the this is my Body, (L.) which Lord, that which also I delivered is GIVEN for this do in unto you, That the LORD Jefus,
the same Night in which he was REMEMBRANCE of me. Like
took BREAD: wise also [M.] he took the 24. And when he had given Cup (1..] after Supper, THANKS, he BRAKE it, and laid, [Mr.] and when he had give is BROKEN for you: This do in
Take, eat; this is my Body, which en THANKS, he gave it to remembrance of me. them, [M.] saying, DRINK 25. After the same manner also
he took the Cup, when he had supye all of it: For this is my ped, saying, This Cup is the New Blood of the New Testa- TESTAMENT in my BLOOD: this MENT; (L.] this Cup is the Do ye, as oft as ye DRINK it, in re
membrance of me. New 'IESTAMENT in my
26. For as often as ye cat this Blood, which is shed for Brean, and drink this Cup, ye do you, and [M.] for MANY, shew the Lord's DEATA till he for the Remission of Sins. come.
27. Wherefore, whosoever fall [Mr.] And they all drank Eat this BREAD, and DRINK this of it. Verily I say unto you, Cup of the Lord ysWORTHILY, [M.] I will not drink hence shall be guilty of the Body and
Blood of the Lord. forth of this Fruit of the
28. But let a Man EXAMINE Vine, until that Day when I himself, and fo let him cat of that drink it new with you, [ Mr.] Bread, and drink of that Cup. in the KINGDOM of God, eth UNWORTHILY,eateth and drink[M.] my Father.
eth DAMNATION to himself, not [Mr.] And as they fat and discerning the Lord's Body. did eat, when Fesus had thus weak and fickly among you, and
30. For this Cause many are faid, he was troubled in Spi- many fileep: rit, and testified and said, 31. For if we would JUDGE our [L.] But behold, the Hand felves, we should not be JUDGED.
32. But when we are judged, we of him that BETR AYETH are chastned of the Lord, that we me is with me on the Table. should not be condemned with the
World, [7.] Verily, verily I say un
33. Wherefore, my Brethrea, 1o you, that one of you [Mr.] when ye come together to eat, tar
; which ry one for another.
which eateth with me, shall 34. And if any Man hinnger, lec
him eat at home ; that ye come BETRAY me. [7.] Then
nut together unto Condemnation. the Disciples [ Mr.] began to And the rest will I set in order be sorrowful, and (7.) look. when I come. ed one on another, doubting Meat which perisheth, but for that
John vi. 27. LABOUR not for the of whom he fpake. [L.] Meat which endureth unto everlastAnd they began to inquire ing Life, which the Son ot Man
shall give unto you: for him hach among them felves, which of
God the Father sealed. them it was that should do 28. Then said they into him, this Thing. [M.] And they What shall we do, that we might were exceeding sorrowful, work the works of God?
29. Jesus answered and said unto and began every one of them them, This is the work of God, to say unto him, (Mr.) one that ye BELIEVE on him whom he by one, [M.] Lord, is it I? hath fent. And he answered and said what Sign shewelt thou then, that
30. They said therefore unto him, unto them, It is one of the we may sce, and believe thee ? Twelve, that dippeth [M.] What dost thou work? his Hand with me in the in the Desert; as it is written, He
31. Our Fathers did eat MANNA Dish, the same shall betray gave them Bread from Heaven to me. [L.] And truly the cat. Son of Man goeth as it was Verily, verily I say unto you, Mo
32. Then Foliv said unto them, determined, (Mr.] as it is fes gave you not that BREAD from written of him: But wo to Heaven; but my Father giveth you that Man by whom the Son the TRUE BREAD from Heaven.
33; For the Bread of God is HE of Manis BETRAYED : good wh.ch cometh down from Heaven, were it for that Man, if he and giveth Life unto the World! had never been born. [7.] Lord, evermore give us this Bread
3+. Then said they unto him, Now there was leaning on 35. And 7 fuus taid unto them, I Jesus Borom one of his Dif- am the BREAD LIFE: he that ciples, whom Jesus loved. cometh to m., shall never hunger;
and he that believeth on me, shall Simon Peter therefore beck
never thirst. ned unto him, that he should 37. All that the Father giveth me, ask, who it should be of Mall come to me ; and bim that
cometh to me, I will in no wise whom he spake. He then
calt out. lying on Fejus Breaft, faith 38. For I came down from Heao' unto him, Lord, who is it? ven not co do mine own WILL, but Fesus answered, He it is to the WILL of him that fent me.
40. And this is the WILL of whom I shall give a Sop; him that sent me, that every one when I have dipped it. And which seeth the Son, and believeth when he had dipped the Sop, Lire : and I will raise him up a
on him, may have everlalting he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the lait Day, the Son of Simon. And af 41. The fetus then murmured ac ter the Sop, SATAN entred him, because he faid, I am the
Bread which came down from Heainto him. Then said Jefus ven. unto
unto him, That thou dost do .43. Feftes therefore answered and
faid unto then, Murmur not among quickly. Now no Man at
your selves. the Table knew for what In
44. No Man can come to me, extent he spake this unto him: cept the Father which hath sent me, for some of them thought, draw him:
and I will raise him up
at the last Day. because Judas had the Bag, 47. Verily, verily I say unto you, that Fejus had_said unto He that BELIEVE TH on me hath him, Buy those Things that everlaiting LIFE.
48. I am that BREAD of Life: we have need of against the
49. Your Fathers did eat MANNA Feast: or that he should give in the Wilderness, and are dead. fomething to the Poor. [M.] cometh down from Heaven, that a
so. This is the BREAD which Then Judas which betray- Man may cat thereof, and not die. ed him, answered and said, sl. I am the LIVING BREAD Master, is it I? He said unto which came down from Heaven : if him, Thou haft fàid.  Live for ever; and the Bread that
any Man eat of this Bread, he shall He then having received the I will give, is my FLESH, which I Sop, went immediately out : will give for the Life of the
World. and it was Night. There
52. The Jeros therefore trove fore when he was gone out, amongst themselves, saying, How Fesus faid, Now is the Son can this Man give us his Fielh to of Man GLORIFIED, and
53. Then 3ef4 faid unto them, God is GLORIFIED in him. Except ye eat the Flesh of the If God be glorified in him, Son of Man, and drink his Blood, God shall also glorify bim ye have no Life in you. in himself, and shall straight- and drinketh my Blood, hath eter
54. Whoso eaceth my FLESH, way glorify him.
nal Life, and I will raise him up
at the Jaft Day. (L.) And there was also a
55. For my Flelh is MEAT IDStrife among them, which
deed, and my Blood is DRINK IQof them should be accounted deed. the GREATEST. And he 56. Hc that cateth my Flesh, and said 'unto them, The Kings in me, and í in him.
drinketh my Blood, DWELLETK. of the Gentiles exercise Lord 57. As the LIVING Father hath Ship over them ; and they fent me, and I live by the Father : that exercise Authority upon LIVE by me.
so he chat catech me, even he hall them, are called BenevAC 58. This is that Bread which came
ye Shall not be down from Heaven : not as your fo; but he that is Great. Fathers did eat MANNA, and are
dead : he that eatech of chis Bread, Est among you, let him be thall live for ever. as the Younger : and he that 1 Cor. x. 16. The Cup of BLES. is Chief, as he that doch Sing which we biels, is it not the
COMMUNION of the BLOOD of serve. For whether is greit- Chriut? The Bread which we break, er, he that fitreth ac Meat, is it not the COMMUNION of the or he that serverh? Is not
Body of Chrift? he that fiteeth at Meat? But Bread, and one Body: for we all
17. For we being many, are one I
LOVE one ano
I am among you as he that are Partakers of that one Bread. ferveth, Ye are they which which the Gentiles facrifice, they
20. But I say, that the Things have continued with me in facrifice to Devils, and not to God: my Temptations. And I
and I would not that ye should have point unto you a Kingdom,
fellowship with Devils.
21. Ye cannot drink the Cup of as my Father hath appoint- the Lord, and the Cup of Devils : ed unto me.
That ye may ye cannot be Partakers of the Lord's eat and drink at my Table
Table, and of the Table of Devils.
22. Do we provoke the Lord to in my Kingdom, and fit on JEALOUSY? ae we stronger than Thrones, judging the twelve he ? Tribes of Israel.
31. Whether therefore ye cat or
drink, or wharsoever ye do, do all [7.] Little Children, yet to the Glory of God. a little while I am with you. Ye fall feek me, and, as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go ye cannot come ; so now I say unto you. A new Commandment give I unto you, that ye love one another, as I have LOVED you, that also ther. By this shall all Men know that ye are my Disci. ples, if ye have Love one to another. Simon Peter faith unto him, Lord, Whither goeft thou ? Jesus answered him, 'Whither I go, thou canst not follow me, but thou shalt Shalt follow me afterwards. Peter said unto him, Lord, Why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my
Life for thy fake. (L.) And the Lord  Fesus answered him, and said, Wilt thou lay down thy Life for my fake ? (L.) Simon, Simon, behold, SATAN hath defired to have you, that he may
But I have prayed for thee, that thy Faith fail not
; and when thou art converted, strengthen thy Brethren. And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into Prison and into Death. And he said, (7.) Verily, verily (L.) I tell thee, Peter, the Cock shall not crow this Day, before thou shalt thrice DENY that thou knowest me. And he faid unto them, When I fent you without Purse, and Scrip, and Shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they faid, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now he that hath a Purle, let him take it, and likewise his Scrip: And he that hath no Sword, let him sell his Garment, and buy one : for I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me. And he was reckoned among the Transgreffors : For the Things concerning me have an End. And they faid, Lord, behold, here are two Swords. And he faid unto them, It is enough.
you as Wheat.
Our Saviour's Speeches to his Disciples
before his Paffion; contained in the 14th, 15th, and 16th Chapters of St. John's Gospel.
CH A P. XIV.
CHRIST commands bis Disciples, that as they believe
in GOD, so they soould believe and confide in bim.
Ver. 1. LET not your Heart (Heb. Withopte hance To Dieci
be TROUBLED: ye him : for he that COMETH to God, BELIEVE in God, BELIEVE mult BELIEVE that he is, and that also in me (a).
he is the REWARDER of them that diligently seek him.
Ephes.'i. 13. In whom ye alfo trusted, after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your SALVATION : in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that HOLY SPIRIT of Promise.
18. That ye may know what is the Hope of his CALLING, and what the Riches of the GLORY of his Inheritance in the SAINTS,
19. And what is the exceeding Greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his MIGHTY POWER.
Heb. iv. 14. Secing then that we have a great High PRIEST, that is passed into the Heavens, Jefus the Son of Gov, let us HOLD FAST our Profession.
1s. For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the Fecling of our Infirmitics ; but was in all Points tempted like as we are, yet without Sin.
16. Let us therefore come BOLDLY unto the Throne of Grace, that we may obtain Mercy, and find Grace to help in Time of need.
Chap. vii. 25. 'Wherefore he is able also to save them to the ultermoit, that come unto God by him, seeing he ever LIVETH to make Interceflion for them.
26. For fich an High Priest became us, who is holy, harmless, un. defiled, separate from Sinners, and made higher than the Heavens.
Cliap. x. 19. Having therefore, Brethren, BOLDNESS to enter into The Hólieft by the Blood of Jefus,
20. By a new and LIVING Way which he hath confecrated for us, through the Vail, that is to say, his FLESH ;