A comprehensive survey of all the countries and territories of Central and South-Eastern Europe, presenting the latest economic and political developments.
* Includes expert comment on issues of regional importance, up-to-date statistics, a directory of institutes and companies and political profiles
* Provides an impartial and current perspective on economic and political developments
* Over 750 pages of authoritative analysis, current statistics, directory data and biographical details.
General Survey* Leading authorities on the area analyse topics of regional interest. Subjects covered are: Central and South-Eastern European Economies; Social Policy and Welfare in Central and South-Eastern Europe: Legacies, Trends and Choices; Religion in Central and South-Eastern Europe; Minorities in Central and South-Eastern Europe; The Baltic Sea Region; The Former Yugoslavia After Milosevic; The Macedonian Question and The Environmental Dimension of Transition in Central and South-Eastern Europe
Country SurveysIndividual chapters on every country containing:
* An introductory survey, containing essays on the geography, recent history and economy of each country, which includes a map and full chronology
* An extensive statistical survey of economic indicators, which include area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, media and education.
* A full directory containing names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail and internet addresses for the following areas: the constitution, the government, legislature, local government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judiciary, religion, the media, finance, trade and industry, transport, tourism, culture, education, social welfare, the environment and defence
* A useful bibliography, providing sources for further research.
Political Profiles* Biographical details on the leading figures in the region.
Regional Information* Details of the membership, structure and activities of the principal international organizations operating in the region.