A Companion to Shakespeare and Performance
provides a state-of-the-art engagement with the rapidly developing field of Shakespeare performance studies.
- Redraws the boundaries of Shakespeare performance studies.
- Considers performance in a range of media, including in print, in the classroom, in the theatre, in film, on television and video, in multimedia and digital forms.
- Introduces important terms and contemporary areas of enquiry in Shakespeare and performance.
- Raises questions about the dynamic interplay between Shakespearean writing and the practices of contemporary performance and performance studies.
- Written by an international group of major scholars, teachers, and professional theatre makers.