Այս գրքի մասին
Books on Google Play
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the THIRD Session of the SIXTEENTH
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland ;
18° & 19° VICTORIÆ.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act to enable Her Majesty to accept the Services of
h the Militia out of the United Kingdom, for the vigorous
Prosecution of the War.
2. An Act to permit Foreigners to be enlisted and to serve
as Officers and Soldiers in Her Majesty's Forces.
3. An Act to carry into effect a Treaty between Her Majesty
and the United States of America.
4. An Act to amend the Act for limiting the Time of Service
in the Army.
5. An Act to apply the Sum of Three millions three hundred
thousand Pounds out of the Consolidated Fund to the Service
of the Year ending the Thirty-first Day of March One thousand
eight hundred and fifty-five.
6. An Act to apply the Sum of Twenty Millions out of the
Consolidated Fund to the Service of the Year One thousand
7. An Act to extend to Ireland the Provisions of the Eighteenth
Section of the Common Law Procedure Act, 1854. Ibid.
8. An Act for raising the Sum of Seventeen millions one hun-
dred and eighty-three thousand Pounds by Exchequer Bills
for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and
9. An Act to suspend the Decline of the Customs Duties on Tea
from and after the Fifth Day of April One thousand eight
hundred and fifty-five.
10. An Act to enable a Third Principal Secretary and a Third
Under Secretary of State to sit in the House of Commons. 15
11. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the
better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
12. An Act for the Regulation of Her Majesty's Royal Marine
Forces while on shore.
13. An Act to explain and amend the Lunacy Regulation Act,
14. An Act to authorize the Inclosure of certain Lands in pur-
suance of a Report of the Inclosure Commissioners for England
15. An Act for the better Protection of Purchasers against Judg.
ments, Crown Debts, Cases of Lis pendens, and Life Annuities
16. An Act to authorize the letting Parts of the Royal Forests
of Dean and Woolmer, and certain other Parts of the Heredi-
tary Possessions of the Crown.
17. An Act to carry into effect a Convention between Her
Majesty and the King of Sardinia.
18. An Act for raising the Sum of Sixteen Millions by way of
19. An Act to remove Doubts as to the Commissions of Officers
of Militia in Ireland who have omitted to deliver unto the Clerk
of the Peace Descriptions of their Qualifications, and to indem-
nify them against the Consequences of such Omission, and to
amend the Law relating to the Militia in Ireland.
20. An Act for granting to Her Majesty an increased Rate of
Duty on Profits arising from Property, Professions, Trades,
21. An Act for granting certain Duties of Customs on Tea,
Coffee, Sugar, and other Articles.
22. An Act for granting certain additional Rates and Duties of
23. An Act to alter in certain respects the Law of Intestate
Moveable Succession in Scotland.
24. An Act to amend an Act of the Second and Third Years of
King William the Fourth, for amending the Representation of
the People in Scotland, in so far as relates to the Procedure in
County Elections in that Country.
25. An Act to allow Affirmations or Declarations to be made
instead of Oaths in certain Cases in Scotland.
26. An Act to continue an Act of the Thirteenth and Four-
teenth Years of Her present Majesty, for enabling the Judges
of the Courts of Common Law at Westminster to alter the
Forms of Pleading.
27. An Act to amend the Laws relating to the Stamp Duties on
Newspapers, and to provide for the Transmission by Post of
printed periodical Publications.
28. An Act to provide that the Property or Income Tax payable
in respect of the Income from Ecclesiastical Property in Ireland
shall be a Deduction in estimating the Value of such Property
for the Purpose of Taxation by the Ecclesiastical Commis.
29. An Act to make further Provision for the Registration of
Births, Deaths, and Marriages in Scotland.
30. An Act to empower the Commissioners of Sewers to expend
on House Drainage a certain Sum out of the Monies borrowed
by them on Security of the Rates, and also to give to the
said Commissioners certain other Powers for the same Pur-
31. An Act to confirm the Incorporation of the Borough of
- Page 93
32. An Act to amend and extend the Jurisdiction of the Stannary
33. An Act to prevent Doubts as to the Validity of certain Pro-
ceedings in the House of Commons.
34. An Act to provide for the Education of Children in the
Receipt of Out-door Relief.
35. An Act to continue the Act for extending for a limited
Time the Provision for Abatement of Income Tax in respect of
Insurance on Lives.
36. An Act to repeal the Stamp Duties payable on Matricu-
lation and Degrees in the University of Oxford.
37. An Act to apply the Sum of Ten Millions out of the Conso-
lidated Fund to the Service of the Year One thousand eight
38. An Act to allow Spirit of Wine to be used Duty-free in the
Arts and Manufactures of the United Kingdom.
39. An Act to facilitate Grants of Lands and Tenements for the
Purpose of Religious Worship and other Purposes connected
40. An Act for further promoting the Establishment of Free
Public Libraries and Museums in Ireland.
41. An Act for abolishing the Jurisdiction of the Ecclesiastical
Courts of England and Wales in Suits for Defamation. 129
12. An Act to enable British Diplomatic and Consular Agents
abroad to administer Oaths and do Notarial Acts.
43. An Act to enable Infants, with the Approbation of the Court
of Chancery, to make binding Settlements of their Real and
Personal Estate on Marriage.
44. An Act to amend an Act of last Session, to provide for the
Establishment of a National Gallery of Paintings, Sculpture,
and the Fine Arts, for the Care of a Public Library, and the
Erection of a Public Museum, in Dublin.
45. An Act for further assimilating the Practice in the County
Palatine of Lancaster to that of other Counties with respect to
the Trial of Issues from the Superior Courts at Westmin-
46. An Act for disafforesting the Forest of Woolmer. 135
47. An Act to continue an Act of the Eighteenth Year of Her
present Majesty, for charging the Maintenance of certain poor
Persons in Unions in England and Wales upon the Common
48. An Act for the better Administration of Justice in the Cinque
49. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom
as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employ-
ments, and to extend the Time limited for those Purposes
50. An Act to amend the Provisions of the Court of Exchequer
(Ireland) Act, 1850.
51. An Act to continue the Exemption of Inbabitants from
Liability to be rated as such in respect of Stock in Trade or
other Property to the Relief of the Poor.