« ՆախորդըՇարունակել »
1. Tay land to favour graciously
Thou hast not Lord been slack; Thou hast from hard captivity
Returned Jacob back.
2. The iniquity thou didst forgive
That wrought thy people woe; And as their sin, that did thee grieve,
Hast hid, where none shall know,
3. Thine anger all thou hadst remov’d,
And calmly didst return From thy fierce wrath which we had prov'd
Far worse than fire to burn.
4. God of our saving health and peace,
Turn us, and us restore ; Thine indignation cause to cease
Towards us, and chide no more,
5. Wilt thou be angry without end,
For ever angry thus ?
Wilt thou thy frowning ire extend
age to age on us ?
6. Wilt thou not turn and hear our voice,
And us again revive,
By thee preserv'd alive?
7. Cause us to see thy goodness, Lord,
To us thy mercy shew ;
And life in us renew.
8. And now, what God the Lord will speak,
I will go straight and hear,
And to his saints full dear,
But let them never more
To trespass as before.
9. Surely, to such as do him fear
Salvation is at hand;
To dwell within our land.
10. Mercy and Truth, that long were miss'd
Now joyfully are met; Sweet Peace and Righteousness have kiss'd,
And hand in hand are set.
11. Truth from the earth, like to a flower,
Shall bud and blossom then ;
Look down on mortal men.
12. The Lord will also then bestow
Whatever thing is good ;
Her fruits to be our food.
13. Before him Righteousness shall go;
His royal Harbinger :
His footsteps cannot err.
1. The gracious ear, O Lord, incline,
O hear me, I thee pray ;
With need, and sad decay.
2. Preserve my soul; for I have trod
Thy ways, and love the just; Save thou thy servant, O my God,
Who still in thee doth trust.
3. Pity me, Lord, for daily thee
I call; 4. O make rejoice
I lift my soul and voice.
5. For thou art good, thou, Lord, are prone
To pardon, thou to all
To them that on thee call.
6. Unto my supplication, Lord, Give ear, and to the
cry Of my incessant prayers afford
Thy hearing graciously.
7. I, in the day of my distress,
Will call on the thee for aid ; For thou wilt grant me free access,
And answer what I pray'd.
8. Like thee among the Gods is none,
O Lord; nor any works
Like to thy glorious works.
9. The Nations all whom thou liast made
Shall come, and all shall frame To bow them low before thee, Lord,
And glorify thy Name.
10. For great thou art, and wonders great
By thy strong hand are done ; Thou, in thy everlasting seat,
Remainest God alone.
11. Teach me, O Lord, thy way most right;
I in thy truth will bide;
So shall it never slide,
12. Thee will I praise, O Lord my God,
Thee honour and adore