ART. 1.-DOST MAHOMMED KHAN.
Life of the Amír, Dost Mahommed Khan of Kabul; with
his political proceedings towards the English, Rus-
sian, and Persian Governments, including the vic-
tories and disasters of the British Army in Affghanis-
tan. By Mohan Lal, Esquire, Knight of the Persian
Order of the Lion and the Sun; lately attached to
the Mission in Kabul. 2 vols. Longman and Co.
ART. II.-THE HISTORY OF CEYLON.
The History of Ceylon, from the earliest period to the
present time; with an appendix, containing an
account of its present condition. By William
Knighton, Esq. Colombo, 1845
ART. III.-ON THE STUDY OF LAW IN OUR
1. Marshman's Guide to the Civil Laws, 1843.
2. Marshman's Guide to the Revenue Laws, 1840.
3. Skipwith's Magistrate’s Guide, 1843
4. Lectures on Law, Part 1, 1845
5. Elberling on Inheritance, Gift, &c. 1845
6. Boutro's Elements of Law, 1844 .
7. Report of the Superintendent and Remembrancer of
Legal Affairs, 1844-45
8. Reported cases of the Sudder Dewani Adalut
9. Norris' Decisions of the Sudder Dewani Adalut
recorded in English in conformity to Act 12, 1843.
Art. IV.-THE FIRST PROTESTANT MIS-
SIONARY TO BENGAL.
1. Crane's Lives of Eminent Missionaries, vol. I. p. 299-
318; John Kiernander